Saturday, May 1, 2010

How To Set Up A Wi-Fi Network To Play LAN Games With Your Neighbors

wifi accessIn this article I’m going to detail how to set up Wi-Fi to play networked games. I have some friends that live in my apartment building. They wanted to set up a LAN so that we would be able to play games together without having to play over the Internet. We love playing fast paced games together like DOOM 3 or Quake 4.We each have different Internet connections. Personally I have a 15/MBit connection to the Internet but some of my friends had slow DSL hookups and one of them was even on dial-up! Can you imagine that people are still using dial-up where broadband is available? Talk about a blast from the past!
So connecting over the Internet to play was just out of the question. We needed a faster connection!

Read More

No comments: